Blood of the Senate
Blooded of the Wolf (Spider), Palatine Kaskea
|Public||Cassian||“I Speak With Steel”|
|Secret||Arsis||“It Is Time To Pay Your Due”|
|Family||Sheeda||“The Killing Blow”|
|Secret Family||Vazh||“Nothing Is Forever”|
Dirt Under My Nails [Spring Aspect]
I have a tendency to get involved in matters that most would consider “beneath me,” but if you want something done right sometimes you have to get your hands a little dirty.
- Invoke: You gain three bonus dice when acting on behalf of, or in the best interest of, Veth.
- Compel: Engage in “Veth-like” behavior, such as attending theater or speaking to servants.
“Not On My Watch” [Spring Aspect]
Most Ven know the laws, but abide them only when in public or so long as it is not inconvenient for them. This shall not stand.
- Invoke: You gain three bonus dice when attempting to uncover or avenge a broken Law.
- Compel: Launch an investigation into the activities of another Ven.
“Spider’s Patience” [Virtue Aspect]
I sit. I wait.
- Invoke: When demonstrating patience, or when you have demonstrated patience.
- Compel: To be patient and wait, rather than acting now.
|Public Name||Secret Name||Player||Aspects||Type||Rank|
- Ashalim Avendi Rank 2
- I Am the Road
- During Season actions, you may spend a Style Point to Quell Trouble in a number of Regions equal to your Courage.
- The Cloak Deceivious
- This blessing requires a cloak and a Style Point. The ven may disguise himself in a general way: a soldier, guard, innkeeper, etc. The blessing causes any to look upon the blessed as if he naturally belonged to the scene. That is, if he is disguised as a guard in a castle, the other guards would look at him as if he was supposed to be where he was, doing what he was supposed to be doing. The Cloak Deceiveous only lasts until the disguised ven takes off the cloak or tells a lie. Once he tells a lie, the disguise is over.
- I Am the Road
- Falvrim Dyr Rank 1
- The Subtle hand
- Your ven has gained enough skill with a weapon that he may employ one in each hand. Spend a Style Point. Your ven gains two free wagers for any Prowess risk.
- The Subtle hand
Name: Kaskea – “The Difficult Path”
Province: Laki – “The First Step”
|Farm||Makes The Foods||???||2||–||1||Food||No|
|Farm||Makes The Industries||??||2||–||1||Industry||No|
|Spy Network||Hallin Dur||Whisper to Me||1||No||–|
|Valet||Dario Sheeda||Sheath Bearer||1||No||–|
- He claims the two things that kill most Ven are “Vanity” and “Arrogance.” Coincidentally, these are also the names of the two Swords he carries.
- He often wanders the Roads of his Domain (and occasionally the Domains of other Ven) and dispenses his own brand of justice.
- No matter the occasion, he always wears some very small scrap of Black, and inquiring as to its meaning is ill-advised.
When he was very young, Cassian’s mother shared with him the secret of their Blood. She told him of the Spider and of its Patience, and how one man’s greed and ambition had set afire everything that an entire House had attempted to build. She told him that there were still those out there who practiced the Way of Spinning Webs, twisting Ven this way and that through their manipulation and lies and Deceit. She told him that as long as such men lived, the Spider would never lose its Veil. She told him that it was the duty of every noble Spider to find the Webs of these betrayers, follow them to their source, and to stomp out the men and women who had driven them shamefully into the Black.
This is the cause to which Cassian has devoted his life. He believes that, in the largest city of the Empire, sits the fattest and most wicked of poisonous Spiders. He intends to find the Web, follow it to its source, and crush the life from the insect who claims to be his kin.